Last week I’ve told you I’ve been working on some character customization design for the game. This one is one of my favorite. As I said before I’m not a 3D goddess or anything even remotely close to that. But I love the ninja. It’s going to be the one I’m playing in the game :D.
Ninja Cat - a Character from Pilot Cat
If you have any idea of a cat character you’d like to see in the game, feel free to mention it in the comments ;).
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Currently redesigning the whole look and feel of astridparamita.com. This could take a while due to my other work, so I changed the blog theme to TwentyEleven because I felt my old theme is too outdated. I hope the new design will be out by the end of mine. In the meantime, I will still update this blog, and keep you updated with the progress of PilotCat and my other projects :).
I’m so excited to announce that my first collaboration project with Abiyasa will soon be released. This will be a 3D Flash game playable on most of your web browser.
Click the image to see the animation!
Pilot Cat : Coming Soon
This weekend, one of my web design project is officially unveiled! Alison Pearce Stevens is a science writer with a passion for nature. She wrote various articles in children magazines and also currently working on her middle grade novel.
Go check it out at http://apstevens.com/ and let me know your thoughts 🙂
Enthusiasm by Mars Dorian
Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” is a great line from Emerson. If there’s no enthusiasm in what you do, it won’t be remarkable and certainly won’t connect with people on an emotional basis. But, if you put that magic energy into all of your work, you can create something that touches people on a deeper level. How can you bring MORE enthusiasm into your work? What do you have to think or believe about your work to be totally excited about it? Answer it now.
(Author: Mars Dorian)
First of all I’d like to say I love this prompt. Great one!
I’m a firm believer in being passionate about what we do. I wouldn’t be able to get up every morning if I don’t believe in what I do. That being said, there are plenty of times when I lost it, especially when I reread my writing draft and realized how bad it was, when there’s no words coming out of my head, or when I felt I lost the connection even with my dearest friends.
When you follow your bliss, you know your enthusiasm is there. Most of the time. I bet that’s why you chose it in the first place. After all, this IS your dream. There’s no blaming anyone for this. Please don’t try to blame yourself either, it’ll get you nowhere. You’d have no choice but to rediscover your strength.
Trust thyself. I love those words. I know we all do, the dreamers who chase their dream tend to trust themselves more. I know I’m here now because I trusted myself. Just sometimes, the feeling got buried away in my daily activities and challenges.
How do I get it back?
- Go back to the feeling I had when I first decided to go on to this journey. At that moment, I truly felt like the whole universe is opening its way towards my dream. It’s like the moment when you knew the man you like IS the one you’d like to spend the rest of your life with.
- Read praises and encouragements. I’m sure we all had some, right? I actually kept a folder in my computer and in my moleskine where I kept the praises and encouragement. Even when things go bad, it made me feel good that once upon a time, someone actually liked my work (and me). If it happened once, I can go back to that awesomeness again.
- Read biographies and success stories. Realize that behind the successful people there must be struggles. They can do it, so I surely can do it too.
- Remember the greater goal. Why did I want to do this in the first place? There must be more than just money or fame. I want to inspire and make people smile.
- If no. 4 failed, I would do a cheap trick to keep me up. I promised myself I would get some presents when I’m done with my work. In my case: lipstick.
- Let it go for now. Maybe we’re just tired, either physically and emotionally. Take a break, live your life, laugh, and love!
Do you have your tips? Do share 🙂